Monday, March 2, 2009

walter and his cat, 1995


walter and his cat, 1995
Originally uploaded by keldemean
I just saw this picture on flickr, and such a range of emotions hit me, I just had to write about it.

Initially, when you see the picture, you think 'funny-looking guy with a cat on his lap', and of course, the cat's expression is priceless.

When you actually read the author's writeup, you think a little differently. (click on the picture for the full story)

This guy is all of us, back in a day when we weren't so cynical, and 'cool'. Walter is full of love, and innocence. He's just happy in himself, and not worried what you may think about him.

And all of a sudden, instead of laughing at the guy, I'm kinda wishing I could be more like him.

3 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Well, looks like Walter really loves his cat...even though his cat doesn't look like he wants his picture taken!

Tuck said...

Walter's cat doesn't look very happy...

Daisy said...

I think we could all use a little bit of Walter! The last sentence in your post got me a little bit choked up.