Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wee problem - SOLVED, YAY!

We've been having a bit of a rough time recently with Freya weeing pretty much anywhere. Almost with no pattern except that she never weed in the lounge. Pretty much every room in the house was fair game!

we tried all sorts of different litter, the "Cellulose" based one - That was a good laugh - why not just call it paper? :-) That went soft and looked unpleasant to me too! she used that a couple of times, and then stopped. I assumed that was because it went soft, and she likes to have a good dig around.

So then I bought that expensive white granulated litter, and really don't think she used that once! It was when we were trying that litter that I discovered "poo corner" in the far corner of the studio. Looked like she'd gone there about 2-3 times! Luckily they were all dry and just scooped up with no mess at all. PHEW! By this time, I'd try and tempt her into the litter tray, and she wouldn't even sniff it, just walk out and away again.

We kind of noticed after then, that the most common place for her to wee was in the hall, about 1 metre from the front door. In desperation I put the litter tray there, and SHE USED IT!

I really can't think why the upstairs location became no good for her - she'd used it absolutely fine for the first 2 months, and then with no real changes, she just stopped using it. The only thing I can think of is that she liked to wee at the entrance to her domain?

It's not like she ever goes out of the front door anyway, but maybe she sees us going out and in, and knows it that way? The other possibility is that the late Auntie Scampie used to have her litter tray there, and maybe there's some smell left.

I just know that still, even after about 3-4 days, every time I hear her scratching around in the litter tray, I have a happy feeling inside, as it means I'm not going to have to scrub up the carpet! :-)

But why did she use upstairs for so long before deciding it wasn't for her??

Anyway, here's some pics of tin foil carpets! I'm not sure when I'll have the guts to take up all the foil, and besides, it stops the FBI and their mind control rays!





7 comments:

Daisy said...

I am so glad you found a solution that works!

Lux said...

Oh, that's great news about Freya using the litter box now - you're very patient! :)

thecopycup said...

Good news about Freya!! I was having a look around on the Internet for solutions and most websites say it's a difficult problem to solve :-( I'm so glad you've got it cracked :-) I'll keep my fingers crossed that it lasts x

Black Cat said...

That's such good news!

Btw, I think Nanook must have found a home because I couldn't find him on the Foal Farm site:) xxx

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

We are so happy it worked out. That is a rough problem.

HUGS~ Chancy, Jake and Babe~"The Ernie's Voice Gang"

thecopycup said...

Hey, how's the lovely Freya doing these days?

Unknown said...

Ohh!! your house looks so shiny and prettyz!! hai!! this is Goma+sachie! You have such a pretty kitteh with nice coats!!
I am wondering if you have any belly pictures to share on kittybellys.com.
We are trying to collect many many kitty bellies photos so we all can admire and worship them lol!
Just because I am obsessed with them!! Thank you so much!! xoxoxo